2.08.2006

Super City, Super Bowl

I honestly can't tell you how much I fell in love with my city again this weekend. I fell in love with motown again. I fell in love with Kid Rock, Em, KISS and the White Stripes. I fell in love with Woodward, with the skyline, with the people that frequent the streets of Detroit. And more than anything I am proud and excited for the city that I call home. I am excited for all the things that this city has in store. So to everyone out there in cyberspace, come, visit and share in the excitment that the Super Bowl brought to Detroit.

Now....Are you ready for some football? I have put together three photo albums on my website (link to the right) that show photos from the whole week. Now I am just waiting for my friend Mel and her scrapbooking talent to help me with some ideas of how to put them into some sort of scrapbook.

4 comments:

jaynar said...

So glad you had fun...I knew you would!

Anonymous said...

fun stuff!

Boxcar Fritz said...

Hey Michelle,

Just wanted to drop you a line after you seemed genuinly upset on your last comment on my site. I don't actually hold anything against the city of Detroit. Once you really get to know it, I'm sure it's a wonderful town in all aspects.

What I was trying to steer my thoughts toward were why the national media (read: ESPN)were not bashing on the city after two straight years of flat-out destroying the host cities (Houston and Jacksonville.)

The difference this year was that the game was being broadcast on ABC, which is owned by Disney, who also owns ESPN. I, for one, don't like the fact that Disney can use their quasi-evil empire to bash Super Bowl host cities in the media when the game is being broadcast by another network, yet the circle their corporate synergy wagons when it is convienent to them.

That's what I was trying to get across.

And, yes, I've never missed baseball as much as I do right now. Thank the lord it starts up this week.

jaynar said...

I'm waiting...where's the answers to all my questions, chickadee?