10.25.2005

Bono is a God!



Yesterday I went with Justin's friend Jaime (I feel that after last night he can officially be my friend too) to see U2 in concert here in Detroit!

Once again they totally exceeded my expectations. They have by far put on the two best shows I have ever seen in my life. I felt like Johnny Drama from Entourage when Bono came out of the stage at the beginning of the show. He couldn't have been two arm lengths away from me. Seeing the sweat beading down his face and listening to his voice utter some of the most amazing lyrics of all time I just couldn't help but fall in love with them all over again.

Everytime I go to see U2 in concert I feel inspired to make a difference in this world. Not only are they musical geniuses' but they are the world's biggest humanitarians. And because of them I have spent the day organizing an event in Michigan benefiting the ONE campaign. I urge everyone to go the site and sign the declaration! It is so important to eliminate poverty, Third World debt and AIDS in this world. He reminded me of what a wonderful place this world can be if only one stadium of 22,000 people could make that much noise to change it!

I am so proud of all of those celebrities worldwide who are willing to lend their hand to such an amazing campaign! Now all we have to do is work together and this dream can be a reality. And I thank people like my friend's Jenny and Brendan who hooked me onto them a long time ago.

ONE love. ONE blood. ONE life. You got to do what you should. ONE life. With each other. Sisters. Brothers. ONE life. But we're not the same.
We get to.
Carry each other
Carry each other

ONE

2 comments:

jaynar said...

The boy loves U2. You would get along well with him

Michelle said...

Seriously? You have to tell me about this boy.

I am a U2 nut and am so glad Jamie invited me to go to the concert with him.